Thursday, June 4, 2009

On a Whim...

When people have asked me where we plan to go on our travels this summer, I’ve replied “I don’t really know..  We’ll go wherever the wind blows us.”  So far, we’ve been tossed around by gentle breezes, but now, we’ve got some serious gales coming our way. 

This past Monday, Cody and I were discussing what to do for the month of June.  I had recently spoken with my parents, who had just booked tickets for their trip to France this fall, and been infected with the travel bug, so to speak.  We looked around online and found a decent price for some tickets to Barcelona.  After some brief deliberation, we decided to go.  So, here we are, three days later, back in Salt Lake to hop on a plane to Barcelona!  ¿Can you say olé?  

In order to make our flight, we had to work hard to finish up the wall in Bishop.  We burned a little bit of midnight oil, but the wall is up and nearly ready for climbing!  It’s a beautiful structure in an awesome old building in Bishop.  Be sure to stop by the new Mammoth Mountaineering shop next time you’re in Bishop to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! I can't wait to see pictures of Barcelona. Here's to smooth flying...
    Love, Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete