Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Viva!

Vegas has been good so far, Beth and I are a little rusty on the rope. Our first day climbing I was shut down on a route I thought I could do and then took one of the biggest falls of my life on a route I was certain I could do. Anyway its coming back fast and I'm "sure" that by the time we leave we will be comfortable and confident rope climbing once again. Yesterday we climbed a little in the morning and then hiked a 10+ mile trail that passed by some small springs, and lots of friendly old retired people. Today its raining and that's why I have time to write this, but Beth and I are taking this rainy day to experience some of the many cultural and intellectual sights around Las Vegas ie. Hoover Dam. Even on rainy days we can live the dream, the dream of Herbert Hoover.

No comments:

Post a Comment