The last ten days on the boat have been full of ups and downs. After the foredeck went on, we started working on the side decks, which went on in just a few days. Then only a few days after that the two stern quarters were on, which means all the decks are on!!! (The first layer, anyway.)
Side panels being prepped for install. We traced the spots between the beams when we fit the pieces, and pre-painted the first coat. The less overhead painting we have to do, the better.
Side panels being installed!
Stern quarters are on and some of the hatches are cut out.
Everything was going great, so fast, too good to be true. It was too good to be true. I furnished Beth with plans to make the deck beams, and she made them according to the plans. Unfortunately, after starting to frame out the cabin I realized the plans were wrong. Initially I thought we would be making 4 or 5 new deck beams, but after some rearranging I think we will just have to make 1 or 2. I had been getting so excited, I could see things just flying together and was setting schedules in my mind. I had a ways to fall before I hit the ground.
Its just so easy to get caught up in things like this that look like you're getting a lot done. But in reality the last ten days were no more productive than the 10 days I spent fairing the hull. They were however much more fun.
lots of stuff on the table, everything from a fork to an angle grinder.
This took me some time to commit to doing this, the first hole cut in the hull. That funny looking triangle block is cut to the shape of the through-hull fitting that will go there.
No more hopeful projections for us.
We're just putting in the hours and we will get there when we arrive.